The four essential requirements for Weathertightness: To allow work to progress inside before the exterior cladding is applied, a membrane must meet four minimum requirements; moisture control, waterproofing, wind proofing, fire retardant and UV exposure.
FPS® Weathertight® membranes are permeable, allowing moisture vapour out of the construction during the build phase and for the life of the building. All our building membranes are considered vapour open, allowing faster drying, speeding up the build time.
FPS Weathertight incorporates tapes and seals to keep moisture vapour out of the construction, and all our building wraps are considered vapour open to the outside, allowing faster drying of the frames, speeding up the build time. (front page)
All FPS® Weathertight® membranes are classified as W1 waterproof, with water column tests of between 1500mm and 5500mm (far in excess of the building code requirement of 20mm). FPS® Weathertight® membranes will not leak or wick moisture and have all passed the 24 hour water streaming test.
To be able to line the inside, with FPS Weathertight, it is critical that the building wrap is waterproof.
- All FPS building wraps are class 1 waterproof products, with column of water tests of between 1500mm and 5500mm (the building code requires 20mm).
- FPS building wraps also will not wick, have no tent effect, and have all passed the 24 hour water streaming test.
To be able to line inside, the outside of the structure must be waterproof.
- All FPS membranes are class 1 waterproof products, with no tent effect.
- All FPS membranes have passed column of water tests of between 1.5m & 5.5m.
- FPS membranes are the only underlay in New Zealand to have been tested and passed the 24-hour Water Streaming Test
The FPS® Weathertight® System is able to be used in all New Zealand wind zones, on roofs and walls (BRE Test Report 301-688 issue 2, 29th February 2015).
FPS Weathertight is able to be used in all New Zealand wind zones, on the roof or on the walls (BRE Test Report 301-688 issue 2, 29th February 2015).
The wind pressures on the roof are far greater than that on the walls, please see the table to choose the appropriate product.
To be able to line inside, the outside of the structure must be windproof, both in terms of air ingress as well as wind uplift.
- All FPS membranes have been tested for wind uplift. - Tested: Refer to FPS® Technical Manual – Wind Loadings Page 17: BRE Test Report 301-688 Issue 2, 9th Feb 2015.
- FPS® Eurotop N65 is certified for use as an unsupported underlay in Extra High Wind Zones instead of rigid boarding.
FPS® Weathertight® wall and roof membranes have an AS1530 – part 2 flammability index of not greater than 5 and therefore meet the requirements of NZBC Acceptable Solutions C/AS2 to C/AS6, Paragraph 4.17.8 b) for suspended flexible fabric used as an underlay to exterior cladding that is exposed to view in occupied spaces. They may therefore be used with no restrictions in all buildings.
FPS® Weathertight® membranes are tested and certified for UV exposure for up to 90 days.
This means that FPS Weathertight building wrap is able to be exposed to UV for up to 90 days, with full warranty support. If you need more than 90 days, let us know, we have other solutions.
- Any temporary cladding must be able to withstand UV for an extended period.
- All FPS membranes are warrantied for up to 90 days exposure to UV.
Request detailed product information